Prescription for Life Support and Endorsements
Since the release of the Prescription for Life guidance document on June 1st, 2015, several organizations have expressed support or provided an endorsement of the document.
- The Emergency Nurses Association of Ontario- fully endorses Prescription for Life. See the letter here.
- The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police- writes letter to the Premier and Minister of Health to support Prescription for Life and the call for Provincial leadership and a coordinator to support an overdose plan for Ontario. See the letter here.
- The Association of Local Public Health Agencies- writes letter o the Ontario Minister of Health to support the request for provincial leadership and a coordinator to support an overdose plan. See the letter here.
- MDSCNO and 80 Organizations & Health/ Medicine Professionals- Sends letter of support to call on Premier and the Ontario Minister of Health to take provincial leadership by establishing a coordinator to expedite recommendations in Prescription for Life and develop an overdose plan for Ontario. See the letter here.
- Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health- Responds to MDSCNO and 80 other Organizations & Health Professionals. See the Letter Here.
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario- Sends letter of support to Premier Wynne. See the letter here.
- Toronto Board of Health- endorses Prescription for Life. See the endorsement here.
- The Board of Association of Local Public Health Agencies- endorses Prescription for Life and passed a resolution requesting that the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care develop and implement a provincial naloxone strategy that would include and expand access to naloxone. See the resolution here.