Level One Core QoC Workshop Series
Hosted via Zoom. Participants will be able to attend online or call in over the phone.
Dates: Jan 10, 17 and 24, 2022 from 6-8 pm
Two ways to register: www.questionofcare.com or https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/190636166907
- Gain an understanding of the continuum of alcohol use and low-risk drinking guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of why individuals may use alcohol.
- Develop learning around how individuals make changes through the Stages of Change model.
- Learn how to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Develop ways to communicate to your loved one in an open, non-judgmental communication style.
- Learn about resources in Ontario that can provide support to your loved one.
Facilitator Biography: Cheryl Robinson
Cheryl Robinson first entered the helping professions over twenty-five years ago by working at a shelter for men experiencing homelessness. It was there at the shelter that she became aware of the devastating cycle of addiction. Cheryl has been offering counselling for individuals concerned with their mental health and addictions for over seventeen years and has been a registered psychotherapist since 2015. Cheryl worked at a community addiction centre for fifteen years before serving as the Clinical Director of a residential treatment centre for two years. Currently, Cheryl works at Hope for Today Counselling in private practice and offers presentations in the community to help reduce stigma concerning mental health and addictions.